Hand Towels vs. Hand Dryers: Which Public Bathroom Accessories are Better?
When it comes to public bathroom accessories, hand towels vs. hand dryers is a common debate. Often, when designing a commercial restroom, decisions about these types of bathroom fittings are made quickly. Without deeper consideration, the opportunity to maximize space and create efficiencies disappears. There are several bathroom accessories, such as hand sanitizer dispensers, hand towel dispensers, and automated hand dryers, to choose from. When it comes to making the best choice for your space, consider all of the benefits associated with each product.
What Does the Science Say?
The research behind germs tells us that viruses, bacteria, and other microorganisms naturally spread in restrooms, no matter the hand drying option. Unfortunately, the air and surfaces in restrooms are regularly exposed to microorganisms, as they are in any space in which people circulate. So, the only way to combat this fact and ensure the safety and wellbeing of every user is to provide as hygienic a space as possible. This is done by maximizing every potential aspect. You can do this by:
- Designing a layout that maximizes your space. The flow of the space should ensure that guests move quickly and easily, with as little contact as possible with the other guests.
- Installing equipment that creates efficiencies. With an abundance of choices, make sure to choose equipment that doubles down on efficiency. Automated and touchless fittings are great options. As are dispensers that let maintenance know when a change or refill is needed.
- Ensuring regular maintenance. Maintenance in a public restroom is paramount to every other effort when it comes to the health of your guests. Cleanliness will ensure that your guests feel safe in the space and leave without issue.
Hand Towels & Dispensers
There are pros and cons to choosing hand towels for a commercial restroom. Several of the benefits of hand towels are especially important during the Coronavirus pandemic. Therefore, restroom users need to safeguard themselves in every way possible, as they touch commonly touched door handles, faucets, buttons, and other bathroom fittings.
- Keep a tangible barrier between hands and restroom surfaces.
- Are the favored method by most public restroom users.
- Produce increased paper waste.
- Often yield extra costs.
- Require more regularly scheduled maintenance.
The pros and cons of hand dryers are different. Dryers, on the other hand, have the benefit of being completely touchless. This is particularly important in the germ-averse society of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Can be designed with more modern technology.
- Are often touchless and automated.
- Are more sustainable and economical than paper towel usage.
- Can be quite loud and disruptive.
- Have the common perception that they blow dirty restroom air on users’ hands and spread germs.
Another big bonus of using hand dryers is that manufacturers are always innovating. As a result, they design hand dryers with hygiene-improving elements, such as HEPA filters, antimicrobial materials, etc. In other words, these kinds of advancements will inevitably continue to improve and create an even safer and more beneficial product.
ASI restroom accessories to consider
ASI designs public bathroom accessories to suit every layout and aesthetic. Keeping efficiency and ease of use in mind, our different product lines offer unique benefits to both the user and the installer.
These products feature a multi-feed system with easy refill technology, a universal remote, and a range of sizes for all commercial restroom needs.
These stations are ADA-compliant, easy to install, durable, and sanitary.
In a hospitality setting, aesthetics are just as important as functionality. So, this line of accessories prioritizes both, utilizing stainless steel and featuring a classic, minimalist design.
American Specialties, Inc.: A Single Source for Public Restroom Accessories
American Specialties, Inc. (ASI) can help you design a streamlined washroom to please your clients. For discerning customers who demand high-quality public bathroom accessories, ASI offers the most complete collection of options. Additionally, ASI Group designs, engineers, and manufactures fully integrated washroom accessories, partitions, lockers, and visual display products from one source. With our 24/7 Customer Service tool, you can make and track your orders, so everything you need is at your fingertips. If you want to learn more about ASI and our products, please call us at 914.476.9000 or learn more about us here.